July 26, 2010

Goodbye Glasgow!

Glasgow International Airport
I sit in the airport, nervously waiting. I know as soon as I get on the plane my life will change forever.

Destination? Amsterdam...although I'm only transferring there. Final destination? Kansas City International Airport, MO. Missouri? I thought I was going to Kansas!


Before this trip, I had never flown by myself previously, let alone take three flights halfway across the world to America. Where was I heading? Lawrence, Kansas to study for six months as a film major at KU (University of Kansas). Then I was transferring to the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) for another six months to complete my third year.




Goodbye to all my family and friends! I remember as I hugged and kissed my mother and sister before I went through airport security. It took all my strength not to burst into tears. I didn't realise just how much I would miss them after several weeks.

I was an international exchange student from Glasgow, Scotland and it seemed only by luck that I ended up in the States in the first place. I have many experiences to share. To find out how I managed to study abroad, check out the blog next week as I continue to write about my experiences. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment